Since this blog is supposed to be a travel blog, let's serve its purpose. I am now going to give to you the story about our crazy, amazing and wonderful trip in the land of the morning calm, South Korea!
But before anything else, i will first give you a glimpse to the story as to why Korea became my dream destination. I think it was in 2006 when my cousin (the best cousin a person could ever have) introduced this super fun and kilig 21-episode drama about a prince and an ordinary girl who were put under the fix marriage system. Have you guessed what it is? Yes, it's the famous Princess Hours! That's the time when i got addicted to koreanovelas. Later on it was followed by Boys Over Flowers in 2009 (I was once a victim of the 'Jun Pyo spell' hahaha) I got addicted to it to the point where i watched the whole drama 9 times. I could say that this drama is where i SERIOUSLY became interested not only to the celebrities and their beautiful skin (yes their skin, because who wouldn't be curious as to why they have such fair and smooth skin. Don't judge me here, i know you belong to the clan hahaha) but also became interested with their place, culture and way of life.
This was also the time where i started making goals and promises to myself. Like i remember one time when i was watching BOF, i told this to myself - "Kapag talaga pumunta si Lee Min Ho dito pupuntahan ko talaga, kahit sa Cebu pa yan". (Look at how addicted i was haha). As time went by and as the Korean culture continuously invade my life, my goals became deeper and profound. I started wishing and claiming na "Korea ang unang tatatak sa passport ko." "South Korea will be the first country that i will visit." True to this statements, back in 2010 my Titas invited me to join them to their Hong Kong trip. It was an all expenses paid trip. All i need to do was to say yes, but do you know what i did? I declined to it. (I am crazy, I know.) Why? Because i have this goals i am holding to. I told myself that I may not be able to do it that time, but i know i can and i will, in God's perfect time. Now look, it all happened!
And now, i am going to share to you our roller-coaster-of-emotions experiences in this beautiful country, South Korea!
I am going to share the real story on my next blog, don't you worry. I just need to make my lesson plan first because tomorrow will be the first day of school after the students' Christmas break. (Priorities, priorities!)
See youu.
xo
No comments:
Post a Comment