I'm sorry but this needs a separate blog because the things I've experienced here was considered as one of the most unforgettable moments in my life.
Even before the time we went to the embassy, there were so many things that's been bothering me. It was when we read the visa application requirements (yes, requirements again). All the requirements fitted to my status except for one, I will be needing my parents' financial support document. After reading it i started to lose hope again, because i kept on thinking how would i do that? My mother is working abroad so definitely she won't have any records like the ITR and certificate of employment here in our country. Actually she has, but it is written in Arabic (like how would i make the Korean consul in the embassy read an Arabic notes?) I started to get panicked after that. I called their inquiry hotline and was not satisfied with the answer so I personally went to the embassy to ask for an alternative. I told them my situation, and asked them if i could use my brother as my sponsor for the trip instead of my parent. They told me that it's okay to do that but there will be no assurance. (Woah) I was starting to get scared that time and i seriously don't know what to do anymore. My cousin and i talked and came to a decision that we will do everything we can, provide every requirement that is needed and try our luck to be approved.
According to the South Korean Embassy, which is located at Mckinley Hill in Taguig City, the tourist visa validity in their country only last for 59 days. Thus, it is very ideal to apply for your visa a month or weeks before your trip so that it will fit to the days of your stay in their country. As I've mentioned on my previous blog, our travel date was set to October 22 until November 2. As far as i remember we went to the embassy 3 times. Each has a story and experiences worth sharing.
Our first visit was on August 29, 2014. Before this day came, i kept on praying for guidance from Him.
August 29, the first day of our visa application. My cousin, Ate Cathy, told me that we're just going to meet at the bus terminal. Before i went outside our house, i was contemplating on what to wear, then later on decided to wear an old stripes shirt which I've not worn in ages. I changed my clothes and took off. When i was at the tricycle, there's an old lady who took the same tricycle i am in who was also wearing a stripes shirt with the same design as mine. I don't know what happened but i immediately said to myself that if i see another person wearing that kind of shirt then definitely we will be approved. I was starting to get nervous as I came near the terminal because i haven't seen any person wearing it. Not long after that, i spotted my cousin and (guess what?) to my surprise, she was wearing a black and white stripes shirt! I was teary-eyed while I was approaching her and then she asked me what's wrong. I told her everything and we both started claiming happily that we will get approved. You know that was the first time i believed and trusted signs in my entire existence in this world.
The embassy didn't process my requirements at first because I lack one so I have to go back and fix it. When i went the following week they processed it and I was very happy. We came back at the embassy on September 12 for its release.
(This is a very funny and worthwhile story) The staff on the information desk gave us a number slot and we were tasked to wait for our turn. Minutes later, the consul started calling numbers and starts giving out passports. I was called first and i decided not to open it until my cousin gets hers. As i was observing other applicants, they were just opening their passports at the middle and they would immediately see the visa on the page there. I saw some of the faces were happy and some look disappointed. I started peeking through my passport but then I get nervous because I can't see the visa! I told my cousin about it and i can feel that she's getting nervous too. As we waited for her turn to be called, I put my passport inside my bag without opening it. I was seriously close to tears that time. Her turn came and the consul gave the passport to her. We immediately went outside the building and like any other applicants, she opened her passport at the middle and found the visa there. I opened mine too and like what i have guessed awhile ago, I didn't find anything. (I was almost crying during this time) She grabs my passport from my hand and started looking through the pages. And then in an instant (with our constant prayers and the help from my angel and my angel's friends) she found it! I didn't see it because it was located just right before the middle page. Without considering that we were right in front of the embassy and there were other people outside the building, my cousin and I shouted, jumped and hugged each other for so much joy. After that, we were like on a cloud nine. Even when we were at the mall, we would just be quiet and look into space and daydream of things because of so much excitement and delight. Because what the heck! We will be flying to Korea (our dream destination) in just a month! ❤
For the information about the schedules and requirements for Korean visa application, you may check here.
No comments:
Post a Comment